Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Orchid Dreams - Dusk Geisha Hair

You may have figured this out by now, but I have a serious love for Japanese fashion. Not the Harajuku style that Gwen Stefani has made so famous, but the more traditional geisha style. Museum exhibits of kimono will make me squee like a fangirl. I'll sit happily for hours researching traditional geisha makeup. I have an entire folder dedicated to kimono in my SLinventory.

Today's style from Orchid Dreams made my inner fangirl SO happy! Dusk Geisha Hair is an elegant sleek sculptural look that conjures up hours spent at the hairdresser's.

Photobucket

The back of this style is magical. Three graceful arcs of hair fall gently in the back, a beautiful soft contrast to the sharp points of the geisha makeup on the neck.

Photobucket

I couldn't resist adding the red lacquered comb to the style.

Photobucket

The Dusk style costs $300L for a 4-color multipack, $99L per color and there is no visible demo. The colors include: chestnut, ebony, flame, and sandy.


pose - LAP Camera Love Too, Gurl 6 Eyes - Blue by PopFuzz, LW Jr. Geisha Skin, MM-Catwalk Eyelashes, "Dusk" Geisha Hair by Orchid Dreams (Ebony), "Oha" Kimono - Midnight by Orchid Dreams

No comments: